Garmin Nuvi Update
To initiate the process of Garmin Nuvi Update, follow the below set of instructions carefully.
How To Perform Nuvi Update?
To perform the Garmin Nuvi Update, it is important to install the Garmin Express application on your preferred device.
Install Garmin Express
- First of all, launch an Internet Browser of your choice that is available on your computer.
- Now, go to “Garmin.com/express”.
- In the upcoming window, you will get download links for both Windows and Mac. Hence, click on the link as per your operating system.
- By doing so, it will start downloading the file. Once the software gets downloaded, double-click the file for installation.
- After that, review the terms and Conditions of the “Software License Agreement”. In case, if you agree to all the terms, click on the “Install” button given there.
- At last, wait for the installation process to complete properly.
Add Your Garmin Device To Garmin Express
- Once you have installed the software, move further and click on the Launch Garmin Express.
- Then, tap on “Add a Device”.
- Thereafter, hook up your Garmin Nuvi Device to your computer via USB cable. Also, make sure that the USB cable is properly inserted.
- By doing so, the software will start tracing for your device. Once you have completed the searching process, it will take you to the Device Found window.
- Next, tap on the “Add Device” button which is located below your product name. In case, if you are unable to locate your device, tap on the “Search Again” link.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the Product Registration window. Here, you need to enter the email address into the respective field. Along with this, tick mark the checkbox given there to receive the notifications of the latest offers.
- When the next window prompts you have to enter your device nickname and then, click on the “Next” tab.
- In order to install the updates, you need to sign in to your account. Enter the email address and password linked with this account. Then, click on “Sign In”. In case, if you don’t have an account earlier, create an account first. For this, click on the Create Account tab and follow the on-screen prompts for account creation and sign in.
- This completes the setup procedure of Garmin Nuvi. Now, it will start checking for all the map updates.
Software And Map Updates
- Once the searching process is over, tap on the view details link there.
- Thereafter, it will display you a list of all the software and map updates. You need to click on the Install button after choosing your preferred updates.
- Next, you will be prompted with a dialog box of the Licence Agreement on your screen. Scroll through the page and review all the terms and conditions carefully. For the Garmin Nuvi update, you must accept the license agreement. After that, tap on the Accept button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- While the updates are in progress, you are not allowed to unplug your device or turn off the system. Also, software updates will be installed first and then the map updates will begin.
- Once you have completed the installation process, you can view your installed updates by clicking the Check for Updates tab.
- In the end, close the Garmin Express application and unplug your device.
This concludes the process of the Garmin Nuvi update.