Garmin is a well-known brand that allows its users to enjoy their GPS products’ latest yet outstanding features. It has a wide range of quality products to offer to its customers. Therefore, the users who want to run their device more smoothly and efficiently should install the latest Garmin map update. Moreover, it will help the users to avail the benefits of the newly added features in the device.
The user can update the Garmin device through the help of the Garmin Express application. It is an application used to download, install, and update the latest map to their device. The Garmin Express application can be installed on Windows and Mac via Garmin.com/express.
Furthermore, here in this blog post, we have discussed how to update a Garmin GPS.
Where there is a need to Update Garmin GPS?
Streets and routes keep changing frequently, and if the user doesn’t use the updated GPS device, the device will not show the right destination. So, all users need to update the Garmin Map. Therefore, we have mentioned the steps through which they can easily update the Garmin GPS device for all users.
How to update Garmin GPS?
Many users out there are not familiar with the steps to update the Garmin GPS, so for all of them, we have here described the steps regarding how to update Garmin GPS. So, follow the steps penned below.
Install the Garmin Express Application
The Garmin Express application is a way to update the GPS devices’ maps and help to upload activities to the Garmin Connect.
- Go to the official website of Garmin to download the software either for the Windows or Mac version.
- Once the file gets downloaded, click on it, begin with the installation procedure, and follow the on-screen steps.
- Plug-in the GPS Unit to a system or Laptop
- Now users are suggested to power on the device and connect it to the system or Laptop through a mini USB cable and then Sign in to the Garmin Account.
- In case if there is any update, then it will start automatically.
Note: The user who doesn’t have an account should create one on the Garmin website and register their device.
The registration can be quickly done while pairing it with the Garmin Express application.
Update the Device
- Now the next step is to install the updates.
- After this, turn ON the device and open the application by clicking on the app icon.
- If the device is updated before, it will automatically find the GPS device and pair it up.
- Note: Click on the “Add a device” function to locate the device.
- Now the list of the available updates will open on the screen.
- After this, choose or select the one to update.
Disconnect the Device
So, this was the entire procedure regarding how to update a Garmin GPS. The last step is to disconnect the device by selecting the “Eject” option and then unplugging the USB cable.
Therefore, after applying these steps, install the Garmin GPS device into the vehicle and turn it on to check if it shows the accurate information. If there is an issue, then communicate with the experts and ask them the procedure regarding how to update a Garmin GPS.