|Ohio Governor Race 2022 Polls: Mike Dewine has a massive lead over Nan Whaley as per the latest polls.
Google Search Trends: As per google search volumes Mike Dewine is ahead of Nan Whaley.
Social Media Sentiments: The Net Sentiments of Mike Dewine are worst compared to Nan Whaley.
The 2022 Ohio Governor Election is set to take place on November 8th, 2022. The Primary election was conducted on May 3rd, 2022. Both the Republican and the Democratic Party’s primary election was completely one-sided. Governor DeWine won the primary election by a margin of 20 points against his closest rival Jim Renacci.
Nan Whaley on the other hand registered a thumping win over her rival John Cranley. Nan Whaley secured around 65% of the total votes polled.
Ohio Governor Polls 2022: Latest Polls
For the upcoming November 8th Ohio Governor election, no polls have been conducted as of now. In August 2021 Redfield and Wilton Strategies published a poll for the November 8th election. The poll gave the incumbent Governor DeWine a massive 19 points lead over his challenger Nan Whaley.
Ohio Governor Race 2022 Polls: Google Search Trends, General Election
Ohio Governor Race Polls 2022: General Election, Net Social Media Sentiment
Ohio Governor Race 2022: Latest News
- DeWine urges civility and respect following Supreme Court ruling on Roe v. Wade
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine pledges more resources and urges Ohioans to “pull together” after SCOTUS overturns Roe v. Wade
- Gov. Mike DeWine explains what’s next for abortion laws in Ohio after Supreme Court decision
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine considering Biden request that states suspend gas taxes
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine reveals rehab projects for 10 historic buildings in Northeast Ohio: See which locations are included
- DeWine wants answers relating to Ohio power outages
Ohio Governor Race 2022 Polls: Latest Videos
Ohio Governor Race Polls 2022: Latest Tweets
Ohio Governor Race 2022: Ohio Governor Candidates
- Mike DeWine, incumbent Governor of Ohio (2019–present)
- Jim Renacci, former U.S. Representative for Ohio’s 16th congressional district (2011–2019) and nominee for U.S. Senate in 2018
- Joe Blystone is a Farmer
- Ron Hood, Former State Representative from the 78 district
Democratic Party Candidates
- John Cranley, Mayor of Cincinnati (2013–2022)
- Nan Whaley, Mayor of Dayton (2014–2022)
Ohio Governor Race 2022 Polls: Republican Polls
|Date||Mike DeWine||Jim Renacci|
|Average of Polls||May 3rd||45%
|Fox News||April 24th||43%||24%|
|Total Votes Received||Vote Percent|
Ohio Governor Race 2022 Polls: Democrat Polls
Ohio Governor Polls: Actual Result Democrats
|Total Votes Received||Vote Percent|||
Racial Demographics of Ohio as per the ACS
Ohio has rapidly turned right as Democrats have lost votes in their working-class strongholds in North West Ohio, especially in Mahoning and Trumbull counties. Both counties swung over 25 points in 2020 from 2012 when Obama won the state thanks to his margins in counties like these. Similar to other states, Democrats have made improvements in educated places – the most educated county in the state, Delaware County, and the northern suburbs of Columbus have swung to the left rapidly along with Hamilton County, home to Cincinnati which was unusually conservative for an urban county pre-Trump.
Democrats have to rely on improving margins in the North West and along Lake Erie if they want to have any chance of retaking the governor’s office. White votes remain a large majority and it’s the same case in both party’s primaries. Non-white voters are a pivotal voting bloc for Democrats.