|Ethereum Price Prediction: Ethereum sustains above the $1600 level. Current Outlook is Marginally Positive
The revised Forecast for 2022 is $ 2,465
Ethereum USD Price Today:
Ethereum Expert Price Prediction : 2022, 2025 and 2030
- Ali Martinez predicts a target of $1670 (Time frame unclear)
- Coinmarketcap Members forecast a price of $ 2529 by end of July
- Finder’s expert poll claims Ethereum will touch $1711 by 2022 end, $5739 by 2025 and $14,412 by 2030.
With the likely rise of Metaverse, DeFi, and Smart Contracts in mainstream businesses, the demand for Ethereum is likely to rise over the next 5 years.
Ethereum price performance between 2017 and 2019 when the Fed reduced the size of its balance sheet. There was Massive volatility at that point.
Global wealth was much lower in 2017
- Global Wealth in 2017 = $280 Trillion
- Global Wealth in 2021= $530 Trillion (Could be revised lower to $ 400 Trillion in 2022)
The Market Cap of Cryptocurrencies = $1T
Ethereum Price Prediction 2022, 2025 & 2030 Detailed Analysis
The price of Ether is likely to rise over the next few years. Given the likely economic slowdown and reduced liquidity, past data shows us that Ethereum will rise gradually over the next 2 years before pumping higher in 2025. The factors that will drive growth in the next 3 years include increased liquidity and wider adoption of Metaverses on account of high-quality VR Glasses.
- Recovery this year as inflation falls and there is improved liquidity
- Continued adoption of smart contracts
- Metaverses are likely to boom on the back of better VR Glasses which are likely to be introduced in the second half of 2023. Facebook’s Meta is also likely to drive the increase in Metaverse subscriptions in the next 3 years.
- The Merge leading to Ethereum deflation (a type of Burn)
|ETH Price Prediction 2022||$2,465|
|ETH Price Prediction 2025||$5,078|
|ETH Price Prediction 2030||$34,317|
Ethereum Price in 2030
In the year 2030, Ethereum is forecast to reach $34,317 which is 20 times the current price. With the economic slowdown over and blockchain technology adoption rising, ETH will be well placed to pump between 2025 and 2030.
Comparing Ethereum with BTC, SOL, ADA, SHIB, DOGE, XRP.
|% Increase in 2022||% Increase in 2025||% Increase in 2030|
Ethereum Recovery: Big Surge in Total Value Locked
Total Value locked ( in a DeFi Protocol) on Ethereum has begun to recover, this BEST explains Ethereum’s recovery over the last 10 days.
The Ethereum Merge date is tentatively finalized for September 19th, 2022. The Merge enables the transition from proof of work to proof-of-stake. The Ethereum Mainnet will merge with the Beacon chain proof-of-stake consensus system. Instead of mining (like Bitcoin), POS will define the workings of the blockchain. That said, the Merge will not reduce gas fees.
Ethereum Price Performance in 2022
|Last 5 days||+7.1%|
|Last 30 days||+48.8%|
|Year to Date||-54.5%|
Ethereum Prediction Today
|Overall Outlook||Marginally Positive|
|1. Market’s Wisdom||Positive|
|1b. Market Data||Higher|
|1b. Technical Recommendation||Buy|
|2. Crowd’s Wisdom||Marginally Negative|
|2a. Crowd’s Buzz||Neutral|
|2b. Social Media Sentiment||Lower|
Ethereum closing price in the last 6 years.
Ethereum has had two-loss years since its launch (after a hard fork with ETC) in 2016. The losses came in 2018 and 2019, the years when the Federal Reserve reduced the size of its balance sheet. The losses in 2022 have also followed the same pattern.
|Dec 31st, 2021||$3683|
|Dec 31st, 2020||$738|
|Dec 31st, 2019||$130|
|Dec 31st, 2018||$133|
|Dec 31st, 2017||$757|
|Dec 31st, 2016||$8|
In how many days did Ethereum double in the past?
|Price||Number of Days|
|$ 100||May 18th, 2017|
|$ 200||11 days|
|$ 400||178 days|
|$ 800||26 days|
|$ 1600||1143 days|
|$ 3200||58 days|
|All Time HIGH, $ 4859||192 days|
Ethereum Forecast: Should you buy Ethereum now?
While Ethereum has been hammered in the short run, Ethereum offers great opportunity in the long run
- Undisputed leader in the smart contracts space. One needs ETH to carry out transactions using Ethereum Layer-1 Blockchain
- Ethereum is present on most Metaverse’s which is clearly going to be one of the biggest growth areas over the next few years
- Most Altcoins use ERC Token framework, so as many Alts fail, the few that are left will continue to power Ethereum both in the short and long run
What is Staking? What is Proof of Stake Consensus Mechanism?
The Proof of Stake model requires cryptocurrency holders to keep some of their coins as stake which can be used to verify transactions. It is an improved version of the Proof of Work model and makes an attack or hacks less likely or unfruitful. By keeping coins at stake, the stakeholders earn rewards.
What is Ethereum? Strengths and Weaknesses
What is Ethereum?
- Ethereum is a Blockchain-based on Proof of work. It expands on the Bitcoin Blockchain by building smart contract features that are cumbersome to execute on Bitcoin
- ERC-20 is is a standard used on the Ethereum Blockchain to issue smart contracts in the form of Fungible Tokens. This standard can be used across a variety of products and services. Cryptocurrencies like Shiba Inu are issued through ERC-20 Token.
- ERC-721 is a standard to issue Non-Fungible Tokens
- Competitors of ETH: Solana, Cardano, and Polkadot
- Main Sources of Ethereum Value: ERC-20 Token Transactions, DeFi Contracts, NFT Transactions
- The circulating Supply of Ethereum is 121,661,205. Vitalik Buterin announced yesterday that once Merge is implemented, the number of Ethers issued every year will fall significantly with some analysts predicting that it will fall by as much as 90%. As a consequence, the number of coins circulating will fall as numerous coins are consumed by Network fees. This is called Ethereum Deflation.
Why is Ethereum Valuable?
- DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organisations): Unlike traditional organizational structures with clear leadership and top-down decision-making, DAOs work in a more democratic way with proposals voted by members of the blockchain.
- Most Altcoins do not have blockchains of their own. Instead, they issue ERC-20 Tokens from the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum charges a gas fee in the form of Ether (Eth) cryptocurrency for using the Ethereum Blockchain
- Metaverse: Almost all Metaverse platforms issue built on the Ethereum Blockchain. So while Ether itself is not used on
- DeFi Tokens: Ethereum is a dominant player in this space with most Tokens and Apps built on Ethereum
- Decentralized Apps (DApps) like Uniswap, Polymarket, etc
What are the strengths of Ethereum ?
- Phenomenal Ecosystem of Developers and Apps
- Most Altcoins issue ERC-20 Tokens which are based on the Ethereum Blockchain
What are the weaknesses of Ethereum?
- Transaction speeds
- Cost of Transaction
How to buy Ethereum?
Ethereum is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies. Here are the steps to buy or Invest in Ethereum:
Requirements to buy Ethereum:
- Need to have a Crypto Exchange Account
- Need to Have a Crypto Wallet
Steps to Invest In Ethereum
- Choose a Crypto Exchange
- Create your account with the Crypto Exchange
- Fund Your Wallet
- Buy Ethereum
Ethereum can be purchased on the following websites/ apps –Coinbase, Binance, Robinhood, Crypto.com, Using a Decentralized Exchange, CEX.IO (Using a Credit or Debit Card), Kraken
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.