|Ethereum Price Prediction: Detailed analysis of Ethereum including how the price will play out this year and in the future. How low will the price be, when will it recover, and similar questions|
Ethereum Price Today
What is Ethereum why is Ethereum Valuable?
- Ethereum is a Blockchain-based on Proof of work. It expands on the Bitcoin Blockchain by building smart contract features that are cumbersome to execute on Bitcoin
- ERC-20 is is a standard used on the Ethereum Blockchain to issue smart contracts in the form of Fungible Tokens. This standard can be used across a variety of products and services. Cryptocurrencies like Shiba Inu are issued through ERC-20 Token.
- ERC-721 is a standard to issue Non-Fungible Tokens
How does Ethereum become valuable?
- Most Altcoins do not have blockchains of their own. Instead, they issue ERC-20 Tokens from the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum charges a gas fee in the form of Ether (Eth) cryptocurrency for using the Ethereum Blockchain
- Metaverse: Almost all Metaverse platforms issue built on the Ethereum Blockchain. So while Ether itself is not used on
- DeFi Tokens: Ethereum is a dominant player in this space with most Tokens and Apps built on Ethereum
In many ways, the cryptocurrency industry is dependent on the Ethereum Blockchain and its tokens for running their business. As the Industry matures, Ethereum and ETH tokens will continue to rise in demand and therefore the value.
ETH Strengths and Weaknesses
- Phenomenal Ecosystem of Developers and Apps
- Most Altcoins issue ERC-20 Tokens which are based on the Ethereum Blockchain
- Transaction speeds
- Cost of transactions
Quick Summary of Ethereum’s position in the market
- Market Cap: $140 Billion [Higher]
- Rank amongst all Cryptocurrencies: 2nd
- Competitors of ETH: Solana, Cardano, and Polkadot
- Current Performance: Underperformer [Compared to Cardano]
- % of Holders who are currently Profitable: 51%
- Main Sources of Ethereum Value: ERC-20 Token Transactions, NFT Transactions
ETH Price Prediction: Ethereum Price Analysis, last 7 years
Ethereum has had two-loss years since its launch (after a hard fork with ETC) in 2016. The losses came in 2018 and 2019, the years when the Federal Reserve reduced the size of its balance sheet. The losses in 2022 have also followed the same pattern.
|Ethereum Price Today||$1156|
|Dec 31st, 2021||$3683|
|Dec 31st, 2020||$738|
|Dec 31st, 2019||$130|
|Dec 31st, 2018||$133|
|Dec 31st, 2017||$757|
|Dec 31st, 2016||$8|
Ethereum Prediction: Ethereum Price Analysis 2022
The negative momentum of the final two months of 2021 has extended to 2022 as well. To date, Ethereum has almost lost over 70% of its value. Top reasons
- Rising Inflation since November 2021 led to the Federal Reserve increasing rates which in turn reduced liquidity in the market
- The Crash of LUNA in May led to a significant drop in trading of Alts many of which use the ERC-20 Token. This crashed the demand for ETH. The crash of Celsius and issues with 3AC also hurt sentiments and affected Ethereum’s price
- Lastly, the delay in the Merge which would have improved Ethereum’s competitiveness was also a factor in hurting Ethereum’s price
|Last 5 days||+10.5%|
|Last 30 days||-46.0%|
|Year to Date||-70.8%|
Ethereum Price Prediction and Outlook, Short Term and Long Term
Ethereum Price Target for the next few months is $1587 is still quite optimistic and is likely to be revised lower over the next week or so.
Ethereum Price Target for 2025 is $2171 which is quite pessimistic and therefore likely to be reversed higher over the next few months.
|Ethereum Price Prediction one month|
|The year 2025|
Ethereum Price Prediction 2022
Ethereum Price Prediction 2023
Ethereum Price Prediction 2025
Ethereum Price Prediction 2030
Ethereum Forecast: How low will Ethereum go?
Ethereum has nicely recovered from the yearly low and is now trading 29% higher. It has also outperformed both BTC and ADA while trailing Solana.
- The swiftness and size of recovery suggest that indeed this could be the bottom. In fact, many are now beginning to say that about Bitcoin. Not just that, Crude prices reached a 1 month low on Friday. While it is back up by a couple of dollars, Crude prices haven’t still reached even the monthly high in two weeks now. So the indications of a bottom are quite strong if not definitive.
Some Crowd experts feel we still don’t have evidence this is the bottom
- Using consumer inflation and ETH price correlation, we believe that the lowest ETH could go is $750. At $897 there was still some way to go lower. So that is a big caution to consider Saturday as the 2022 low.
- Some analysts are providing a different analysis suggesting that supply to exchanges continues to remain highly implying selling pressure will remain high. Other experts believe Ethereum could fall anywhere between $350 and $500.
However, there is no evidence or Buzz that Ethereum will lose another 50-75% in the next few months. Four reasons for the same
- Ethereum’s 7-day average fee in June 2022 is about $9 M. This is much lower than November last but still quite substantial. It is also 7 times higher than the second-ranked player.
- The second point is Ethereum’s revenues will not fall substantially from here because as the Cryptomarket collapses, Ethereum’s gas prices will also fall. Other players like Solana, DOT, or even Matic will struggle to Compete on Price.
- It is true that Ethereum fell much more than say Cardano but in our view, that is temporary as the price was making adjustments for the delay in the Merge as well as a sudden drop in revenues on account of Luna. In fact, Ethereum is leading Cardano over the last 24 hours.
Will Ethereum Recover?
Yes, Ethereum will recover.
- The Ethereum Blockchain offers value to users and businesses and with the launch of the Merge sometime in August, this value will only increase.
- Some of the tokens (Example Metaverse Tokens) it supports are themselves quite valuable to consumers. Even Meme coins like Shib are doing their best to add value to consumers.
- So while it is possible that the ‘Crypto Winter’ will devastate many cryptocurrencies just like the ‘Dot Com Bust’, Ethereum along with a few will stand apart.
- But it is important to realize that this recovery we are talking about is from the bottom which may be somewhere between $500 and $1000.
Current publicly available forecasts do not suggest Ethereum will go back up to 2021 levels anytime soon. This is primarily due to the following reasons
- Lower liquidity on account of the Fed reducing the size of its balance sheet
- Likely failure of some or many Alts in the next 3 months
- General fear factor amongst those who may have lost significant money in the last few months
Should you buy Ethereum now?
While Ethereum has been hammered in the short run, Ethereum offers great opportunity in the long run
- Undisputed leader in the smart contracts space. One needs ETH to carry out transactions using Ethereum Layer-1 Blockchain
- Ethereum is present on most Metaverse’s which is clearly going to be one of the biggest growth areas over the next few years
- Most Altcoins use ERC Token framework, so as many Alts fail, the few that are left will continue to power Ethereum both in the short and long run
The more difficult question to answer is if one should buy Ethereum now
Purely from a Macro perspective, we don’t think this is the right time to buy Ethereum because no one, not even the Fed has visibility to the bottom. There are some estimates that the bottom will be in August but again, one cannot say that with 100% conviction.
How high will Ethereum price go?
We have compiled data from multiple forecasters and one of the estimates is $3100 by 2025 which is more than double the current price.
Finder’s expert poll claims Ethereum will touch $24k by 2030.
Many of these forecasts are likely to be unreliable but with the likely rise of Metaverse, DeFi, and Smart Contracts in mainstream businesses, the demand for Ethereum is likely to rise over the next 5 years.
Will Ethereum reach the price of Bitcoin?
At the moment we see no forecasts that suggest Ethereum will reach the price of Bitcoin anytime soon. It would depend completely on how the ecosystems evolve over the next few years and at the moment there is limited visibility on that.
How many days did it take for Ethereum to reach $ 100, $ 500, $ 2000 etc?
|Price||Number of Days|
|$ 100||May 18th 2017|
|$ 200||11 days|
|$ 400||178 days|
|$ 800||26 days|
|$ 1600||1143 days|
|$ 3200||58 days|
|All Time HIGH, $ 4859||192 days|
Will Ethereum Reach $50K?
With the emergence of new and advanced trends such as NFTs, DeFi, and so much more, the Ethereum network is going to have a pretty large userbase for sure. This will lead to some positive changes in the system of Ethereum which might ensure that the price of the cryptocurrency will also increase.
Plus, with the array of amazing decentralized apps in Ethereum, there is a chance that it is going to be a lot more popular than Bitcoin in the upcoming decades. There is not much time left until Ethereum will surpass the most popular cryptocurrency in the world, Bitcoin, in terms of price. So, to answer the question. Yes, Ethereum will definitely be able to reach $50K in the future. However, there is still some time for that event to take place.
Ethereum Price: How to Invest In Ethereum?
Ethereum is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies. Here are the steps to buy or Invest in Ethereum:
Requirements to buy Ethereum:
- Need to have a Crypto Exchange Account
- Need to Have a Crypto Wallet
Steps to Invest In Ethereum
- Choose a Crypto Exchange
- Create your account with the Crypto Exchange
- Fund Your Wallet
- Buy Ethereum
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.
Also, Read | Bitcoin Price Prediction and Forecast